Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Day 10: A Fisherman's Trail of Sweat (May 25)

We were supposed go romping around in a 4x4, but apparently they are the thing to do on Memorial day in Lana'i.  Or they only have like a handful and so like 6 people renting sells them out.  No biggie - our fancy, schmancy itinerary was updated to swap Monday's dirt for Monday's massage.



THE EATS:  The heavier than usual food and oh so many treats are really starting to wear on me.  I started craving vegetables, 0% greek yogurt, and the vegan protein shakes I like days ago.  Besides puppy, this is where the "I miss home" is really starting to set in.  It's not even creature comforts, but the ability to cook a healthy meal.  And by healthy I mean simply knowing what I'm putting together, so I can measure the calories/proteins/fats/sugars, etc.

Yet I can't stop.  The buffet's are fresh, delicious and are healthy compared to what most people probably eat.  But when you're not used to consuming so much sugar, salt, & your body goes into magician mode & tricks you into thinking it needs more of that.  I'm unintentionally retraining it to feel different.  ack!  And although I know its game, I give in because it's a free 4 Seasons buffet...

**

Dinner at the hotel.  And dessert?  Why yes, don't mind if I do - I haven't had one in ages.





THE HIKES:  Fisherman's Trail starts at the hotel and in our minds, was a leisurely walk around the island that supposedly took an hour roundtrip.  And when we first started, a lady was coming back wearing only sandals - so how hard could it be?  Oh prey tell, how wrong we were.  We endured moments of cliff careening, walking on a golf course (much to the dismay of random old people,) having to say multiple times "I think this is it?!?" only to end up on an access road of said golf course.  Where then the trail begins?  It took us about 2 1/2 hours to complete the darn thing, but felt good.

I love this island but they have some goofy outdoorsey adventures...






THE DAY:  After exhausting hike time central, and don't want it to stop massage time central, we wandered down to the beach so Travis could wrestle some waves.  I enjoyed a lovely afternoon stretching and reading, having my husband chivalrously protect his fair maiden from the scary waters.  barf.







No comments:

Post a Comment