Tuesday, March 31, 2015

A Foundational Discovery, Part 2: The Results Are In

Read: A Foundational Discovery, Part 1 first.  If you want... whatever. no pressure.

I have finally and overwhelmingly embraced the idea of hiring a complimenting landscape architect to help execute our ideas, and a few of their own, into a beautiful space.  I was so resistant previously, because as I said in Part 1- I was feeling like some sort of failure for not being able to do it myself.  Considering how that original entry was posted seven months ago*, I can't even fathom that versioned mindset now.  I realized it had gotten to a point where my time too valuable, my mind too close to the project, and there was just no getting ahead.  so help!

Between then and now, we've gone through a lot, both with our ideas and life.  But as I posted the other day, our accountant recommended we explore getting a refinance.  If everything were to go as planned, it would allow us to drop the private mortgage insurance (saving hundreds of flowers) and take out a home equity line of credit.  STOKED!!  That means (drum roll) WE CAN THEN HIRE MY TEMPORARY BFF's, THE LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTS! WOOOOOOOOOO!!  capitals...

We recently met with a fantastic landscaping company, who only works in organic materials & electric machines.  That's right baby, elec-tri-citee.  I found them through the calling of several other companies who no longer were doing landscaping, although their sites were still up.  Thank goodness because they had never come up during all my countless searches (people please figure out your online buisnessey presence.)  We've had a few walk throughs, gathering this idea and that - it was so stupidly exciting.  They also asked we upload photos we like - describing why - through the home site Houzz, using a privately shared look book.  It allows them to see our vision come together with theirs, in a much more collaborative way.  Kick ass technology!  And when the discussion point turned to our desire for lots of dedicated garden bed space, it made my legs went weak.  I would finally have all the room needed to grow what we want, in order to be more sustainable.  Are you kidding?  That AND having a beautiful space to call our own?  wipes hands and done.  If you're not into gardening, think of whatever your favorite activity is, and having the ability for someone to come in and let you do it right in the comforts of your own home.  Everyday, whenever you want.  Yes.  Please.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, not 15 minutes ago this morning, I saw our loan managers name come through on email, the subject said "Appraisal."  I held my breath.  Did they need more information, did it came back awful and I'm going to cry, or had all the hard work the other day actually paid off.  I clicked read, invisibly holding my hands with flared fingers over my eyes - wanting but not wanting to see what it said.  It was short, sweet and to the point.  We got a GREAT FUCKING APPRAISAL and will have money for the home equity loan!

PLAY MUSIC!
QUEUE FLASHPOTS!!
DROP TICKER TAPES!!!
CALL UP THE GUYS AND SAY DO IT!!!!

I am so over the moon happy, I cannot believe it.  The rise and fall of emotions from opening the email, to seeing the final amount, to having the loan numbers one by one click into place within my brain - it's a triumphant feeling I can't accurately express at 7:58am.  It's too soonly real and I don't want to give in an injustice by spinning words.

Just know this bird is happy.


* oh god, 7 months ago!  It wasn't my intent to wait so long, but in hindsight, glad I did.  That entry would have been very wordy & very different.

No comments:

Post a Comment