Friday, August 22, 2014

Forget you Timely Thursday... It's Tell You Thursday time!

Timely Thursday will now be known thus forward as Tell You Thursday.  I never loved timely, but as I will forever have an aversion to saying/doing what's popular, it was the kinda ok thingest I could devise that related to throwback but wasn't the word throwback.  The goal was to have a word that promoted the notion of telling you old stories, that don't necessarily have a point.  Timely was sorta opposite funny, in the smallest way.  Tell You is better.

I've been going over words for weeks trying to sort a new name.  I asked Travis for help but he wanted me to change the day and asked why I insisted on a Thursday.  I told him "Because Thursday is after Wednesday, and people need a pick me up story before they focus too much on Friday."  It's true. think about it.

Here are a few other options I considered:
  • TellTale Thursday (but I kept pronouncing it wrong)
  • Talky Thursday (I felt I needed a Walky in front, which would have really limited my stories)
  • Thoughtful Thursday (nixed this after I googled it and discovered it's a christian thing)
  • Thinky Thursday (Marc Maron uses this word for his new book, so no)

Timely was sorta opposite funny, in the smallest way.  Tell You is better.

You can read what I've published, thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment