Friday, August 1, 2014

Anti-Twenties: Weekends

The inaugural post will be short & sweet.

I have not been in my 20s for some time, but over the course of three weekends, I'm going to pretend like I am.  Just for Chucks.

Last weekend, without even realizing it, I drank three days in a row.  Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  What a fucking feat.  I haven't done that stretch of business for many years, and yet I woke up almost perky each morning.  That was a miracle.  Friday and Saturday I was drinking a new drink I made * and since it was mostly water, I wasn't a too bad of shape.  However, Sunday's lunch with a friend had him drinking a glass and me knowing I shouldn't waste the rest of the bottle.  By day's end, I felt exhausted, sore, fried, kinda old-lady hungover (which is not quite but close enough to not do anything productive.)  I laid on the floor stretching, swearing off booze for a while.

This weekend, in just a few hours from now, I'll be leaving home and driving to Las Vegas for one day only.  Yes, leaving Friday by 6am and shipping off Saturday by 9am.  I haven't done that in over 10 years.  Ugh, a long fucking drive for a single great day.  And memba that thing I swore off last week?  Well I am panning on enjoying myself, but old lady Clark will just remember to pacer herself and drink lots of water. Her bones and stomach will thank her.  My trip for a stint is to visit the Star Trek convention.  I don't partake in the organised activities, but I can't pass up seeing friends I've made during and since.  I'm leaving early Saturday because we have our book club meeting in the afternoon.  We're discussing Lolita and I've been too pasionately not a fan, so I have to make it.  We absolutely, 10% always discuss the book - for at least an hour, pray tell - but of course there's drinking. Just coming off a binder, maybe I'll skip this round.  But that wouldn't be very 20s of me, would it.

Finally, next week our friends requested out presence via email.  "Hey! My cousin is the front man for Spoon and they are playing Hollywood Forever Cemetary... wanna go?"  Um, sure!!? So next Friday we'll be partying up here. I use that term so lamely. And then... Oh that may be it.


All this means to say is I don't normally book this much drink heavy activities into 9 days worth of living.  That is what you do in your 20s. In your 30s, you pace it out over a glass of wine (or preferably sippin' whiskey,) snacks and board games, talking about how tiring that notion simply is.


No comments:

Post a Comment