Friday, August 7, 2015

A Sigh Of Releaf

Mornings with Leroy:
- i wake around 6.  puppy stretches & yawns, watching from the bed as i put my sleepy eyes & legs away for another 17 hours.  unless there's a bird or squirrel, he just kinds stares while his parts warm up too
- he attends his standing early morning monkey business meeting
- i poke around at home till 7 or go running
- feed our wakened souls
- walk with the boy or walk the boy to the park* where he plays with E.D.I., Ripley, Kato, Thunder, and other fuzzy faces
- return home and rush to get ready for work, longing instead for the stress of entrepreneurship

* Leroy leads the first order of business and always has at least a second topic, sometimes even a third when we go walking.  Not sure what jostles loose, but it's 100% on schedule.

~~~~~~

When the puppy poop bag holder is empty but I can't refill it right away, I'll remove the top as a reminder.  set myself up solid Wednesday night.  But the next morning grabbed without noticing.  It wasn't until we were 10 minutes and several blocks into our walk, when Leroy hunkered over and I {queue slow motion} reached down for the pooooop bag aaaaaand noooooooooooooooooo!

I was in the hot seat:
(a) leave it                                            (b) run home for bags
(c) scoop it up via stick and leaf          (d) stare at it, hoping it decombusts ala Dio of glory

I chose (c) Final Answer

Travis and I usually wrap the leash around our wrist, like how a clown would tie a balloon to a child wanting to fly away...  I do it in case I fall to the ground in a fit of consumption, he couldn't run away.  It also helps tremendously when you need both northern appendages.

There was a large magnolia leaf and a tiny stick on the ground, so scooped the poop I did.  I started laughing, really hard at the situation because this ain't the first time...  Leroy is smiling, pacing in circles nearly wrapping the leash around my legs like c'mon dude let's go!  But I'm like we can't just take off my friend, I'm holding your agenda!

So picture Leroy on pace, his leash around my wrist and a fresh sandwich in my hands.  The only neighborhood activity I've noticed were the gossiping hens.  As we near the smell of home, the fear he's going to start pulling towards something, thus making me greatly steady the ol' lady biceps, is diminishing.  Proudly I declare "I think we're gonna make it buddy!"  And then the most lucky thing happened, a woman and her dog appeared on the corner...

Now Leroy is a friend to dogs and wishes above wish he could meet them all.  But since that's not realistic, we continually coach him to know when it is or is not ok.  At this moment, regardless of how open this little guy is, not ok!  The image of him pulling, me stumbling and turds-a-flyin is immediate; I can't get to the treats because hands are occupado, which is how we usually focus his attention.  Instead I relied on my cheerful morning voice & good looks to keep his engagement, achieving a look at me/look at the dog/repeat success rate.  I'm still laughing, speaking in a higher pitched "who's the puppiest of puppies!" voice, waving the sticky sub around to show him how cool it is to keep watch.  All the while, corner human & guest stare at the spectacle before them, silently shooting evils of confusion & judgement.

All three of us made it home and then I dropped the entire leaf in the driveway.

crap.

HAPPY FRIDAY!  time to log off~

No comments:

Post a Comment