Tuesday, August 11, 2015

A Boy And His Fly

I could spend hours watching Leroy chase bugs around the house.  It's carnivorous, sure, but there is such joy in his face when he's prowling.  Plus it saves me the task of chasing said insect(s) into a cup, finding a sturdy paper to over the top, possibly doing a I'm holding a crawly in glass dance, and eventually placing it outside.  I see his brain working & thinking & anticipating where it'll jump, fly or fall.  Sometimes he pounces the wrong way, but he learns and doesn't give up.  And when he finally catches the elusive beast, he'll grab him, have a quick chomp, spit him out, watch him crawl, then do it all over again.  It's quite magnificent.

Last night he spent 3 hours chasing this one fly around the house.  He'd stop and look up at me like you see this asshole too, right?  Flying all about like a jerk.  I'd encourage him to keep at it, even sitting on the kitchen floor for nearly 20 minutes while he ran back n' forth to different points along the counter as the creature stopped for a life reprieve.

You tell him buddy, you tell him.











No comments:

Post a Comment