Wednesday, July 9, 2014

A Sticky Situation

A friend sent this article/video to me off-line and since I haven't seen anyone else post it, MAYBE it's my turn to be the first to share.  Then again, facebook settings are so whack maybe everyone IS posting but they've chosen to hide from my timeline.

whatever - here's what I wrote on facebook and shared with my friends.  But we all know how social media works and having a single classification of "friend" isn't right.  So anyone I wish I could move to a new bucket, will likely rant to their spouse later about how wrong me and the scientists are.  {cue flicking hand to the underside of my chin.)

 _________________________

I actually almost cried. It puts the greed and ultimate disregard & destruction of our planets' natural beauty and resources (which yes people, keep us alive) into the most simplest of terms.

Society demands new gadgety technology to make our lives better, yet the demand to truly revolutionize our worlds energy into something sustainable AND profitable is an afterthought to most.  Why?

LEGO in the business to make a profit Get it.
Shell is in the business to make stupid amounts of profit and they don't care how. Hate it, but get it.
Together they both slightly benefit - but at what cost?


In as much as I have a responsibility for my actions and the perception of who I hang out with, so do business'.  I think.  I can't keep it straight which corporations are/are not people and what they can/cannot decide for us. That's kinda a stupid thing to even question.

But the responsibility to partner with another company DOES reflect upon thy own self and makes me believe they are ok with said other corporations' actions.

razzle frazzle... pffft. Just a couple of thoughts on why 'Stickin' it to the Man' really takes on a whole new meaning here.
Greenpeace / LEGO ad

No comments:

Post a Comment