Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Construction Junction: A Horizontal Hug

This statement shouldn't come as a surprise, but I can't have the entire front totally finished like I want, at least not right now.  And that's ok.  for now.  Who doesn't want to have their {insert project} seen through as they envisioned?  So it's not a total selfish desire to want that swell curb appeal, handsome sittin' picture, and a transition into the home that makes sense.  But I can't right now and that's fine, because I can still do the little things.  Spend time acquiring pieces we need and still find an area or two for planting over the winter.  That's pretty rad still - seriously.

And also rad is the one other bit item to bring solace to the process.  A new front fence.  Not only does it tie the black metal \m/ roof together aesthetically, it gives Leroy more freedom to kick ass on squirrel patrol. It'll be made from sustainable harvested Ipe/Ironwood in the horizontal style, have an automatic gate for the cars and like 25 foot high imposing side gates because we obviously live in a horror video.  Hopefully that construction will start soon and I can figure out what my next dance moves are.

Being a grown-up commands tough choices or some junk.



P.S. I couldn't fit this line in anywhere, but it's important.
But what good is that if the facade is still crap and then ok, I have some plants?

No comments:

Post a Comment